We are always interested to hear from talented and passionate team members. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to
Ecologist/Ecological Impact Assessment Specialist – Full-time
Make a Big Difference with Earth Systems!
With offices in Australia, China, Lao PDR, Senegal, Rwanda and the UK, Earth Systems is an environmental science and engineering company that is seeking highly motivated, ambitious professionals who are dedicated and passionate about their work.
Earth Systems develops and implements innovative and effective environmental, water, energy and sustainability solutions, providing specialist advice and hands-on capabilities in a diverse range of areas related to environmental management. Ecological assessment is a key aspect of many of Earth Systems’ projects.
We are currently seeking to employ a mid to senior level specialist ecologist with international experience in ecological impact assessment to join our team and help develop and expand our business. In this role you will be responsible for working on projects for a wide range of public and private sector clients overseas.
The successful applicants will:
• Have a relevant post-graduate qualification;
• Have a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience, including direct experience in ecological impact assessment;
• Have experience working on international ecology projects;
• Be able to demonstrate leadership capabilities across the spectrum of their responsibilities;
• Be able to identify and develop new opportunities for Earth Systems;
• Have the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team;
• Have exceptional written and verbal English language communication skills;
• Be passionate about the environment; and
• Be able to travel overseas on a regular basis.
The position can be based in either our Melbourne or Perth office, with significant opportunities to work overseas. An attractive salary package will be provided depending on experience.
Applications close Friday 3rd March 2017.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Biochar – Plant Operator and Site Manager – Full, Part-time or Casual positions available
Are you passionate about the environment? Do you want to contribute to a new sustainable industry that will take steps towards solving our global warming problem? We need enthusiastic and hands on people to help run our new technology as we build a new and sustainable industry.
As a key member of the Carbon and Energy Team at Earth Systems, you will be involved in the daily operation, maintenance, and site management of the CharMaker biochar production facility.
• Operate CharMaker technology including materials handling of biomass and post-production systems for quality product outputs. This includes operation of a wheel loader for materials handling.
• Maintain equipment onsite for functional and safe operation.
• Assist in setting and achieving production targets
• Manage all site operations including logistics of consumables, product deliveries & site safety operations. Liaise with client and other contractors as required.
• Carry out quality control testing & improve outcomes where possible
• Contribute to improved performance of the Charmaker technology and be part of design changes for future technology builds.
• Support continued development of new technologies for the CharMaker suite.
• Prepare basic production reports. Complete basic site paper work/permits as required.
• Potential for national or overseas projects as needed for CharMaker production site installations.
What you bring
• You will be practical with good problem solving skills and keen to improve the performance of systems and technologies. You will be physically fit.
• You will be a self-starter that can operate autonomously onsite with a drive for production results. You will have experience in site operation and can easily demonstrate your achievements in attaining production targets of a process.
• You can demonstrate previous basic site management experience for safety, quality and a clean site operations with good basic paperwork.
• You have a background in trades and/or engineering and can demonstrate practical hands-on/engineering skills.
• Welding/fitter type skills/trades will be well regarded but are not essential.
• Mobile plant and/or construction tickets will be well regarded but are not essential.
• Truck licences (MR or higher) would be well regarded but are not essential.
What we offer
• Permanent full-time, part-time or casual positions are available.
• Salary to be negotiated.
• Professional development opportunities.
• To apply for this position or for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone +61 3 98107500.
• 30 April 2017.