Energy, Oil and Gas
Earth Systems offers specialised services to the energy and oil and gas sectors including environmental and social assessment and management of hydropower projects. We have provided support to projects at all phases – from prefeasibility environmental and social assessments through construction and operations monitoring to decommissioning and closure.
Earth Systems combines experience with a strong understanding of international standards, including the Equator Principles and International Finance Corporation’s Performance Standards. This knowledge, coupled with an understanding of local regulatory systems and cultural sensitivities allows us to assist our clients in meeting regulatory requirements for project permitting and/or financing.
Earth Systems also offers Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) services to help renewable energy projects in developing countries take advantage of the opportunities provided by the Kyoto Protocol.
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment.
- Baseline studies – Environmental, Socio-economic and Health
- Resettlement and Livelihood Restoration Planning.
- Environmental and Social Monitoring.
- Water Quality Management.
- Biomass Management Plan.
- Biodiversity Assessment.
- GIS and Remote Sensing.
- Cumulative Impact Assessment.
- Community Consultation and Participatory Planning.
- Catchment Management Planning.
- Climate Change Vulnerability and Risk Assessment.
- Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and Carbon Services.
- Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards Reviews.