Urban Environmental Management
Earth Systems has experience in developing and implementing environmental management and compliance programs in the urban environment. Our capabilities include conducting baseline and impact analyses for proposed projects and implementing construction-phase mitigation and monitoring programs as well as environmental awareness training for construction personnel and community stakeholders.
Key services provided by Earth Systems in this sector include:
- Environmental compliance project management, monitoring and reporting.
- Interagency consultation and permitting.
- Field monitoring and sampling for water quality parameters, and analysis of results against to applicable water quality guidelines and thresholds.
- Waste management
- Stormwater quality assessment and the development of passive or active water treatment systems as required.
- Assessing the potential for soil erosion and transport during construction and operations and developing strategies to minimise erosion and sediment transport.
- Noise and air quality impact assessment and monitoring.
- Contaminated land assessment, and development of recommendations for remediation.
- Sustainability and resource efficiency advice.
- Sustainable urban transport planning, including assessment of traffic loads and road safety.
- Biodiversity assessment and management.
Some examples of recent projects completed by Earth Systems include
- Preparation of Environmental Impact Statements and auditing and review of site environmental management systems and environmental and socioeconomic environment plans for development projects in Australia, Indonesia, Asia and Africa.
- Preparation of Environmental Management Plans for major mining projects, hydroelectric projects and landfill sites in Australia, Asia and Africa.
- Preparation of an Environmental Management Plan for a proposed private secure landfill near Melbourne Australia.