Land Use and Forestry Carbon Schemes
Earth Systems has the project management experience to provide carbon consulting services for various national and international land use and forestry carbon schemes such as the Kyoto Protocol’s Clean Development Mechanism, Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD), Australia’s Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI) and other voluntary carbon schemes. We have experience with afforestation / reforestation; avoided deforestation; and land management projects in a number of different countries, including developing and least development countries. We also have experience with the production of biochar and soil carbon sequestration.
Earth Systems can help market and sell carbon credits in the international and domestic carbon credit markets – to date we have facilitated the sale of over 700,000 carbon credits in international markets.
Services available from Earth Systems include:
- Planning and developing Project Design Documents for approval under CDM, REDD, CFI and other schemes.
- Assistance through all stages of the carbon project cycle – from planning to submission of application, validation and monitoring.
- GIS and spatial analysis and high resolution mapping of land-use and forest types.
- Strong technical expertise in the measurement and calculation of GHG emission reductions for land use and forestry carbon projects, including data analysis and calculation of carbon stocks.
- Development of land-use and forestry carbon modelling frameworks to assess project carbon stocks under different management scenarios.
- Facilitation and sale of carbon credits in the international carbon market.
Our experience relevant to land use and forest carbon schemes includes:
- Pilot Project for Development of Remote Sensing Survey Method for Identification of Potential Degraded Forestland Area for Conversion in Lao PDR.
- Concept Paper for the establishment of a REDD Demonstration site, in two national parks in South East Asia.
- Conducting a market validation assessment for soil carbon sequestration through biochar production.
- Multiple environmental and social impact assessments in the Asia Pacific and African regions.
- Social impact assessments in forestry including a plantation in South East Asia.
- Successful track record of CDM projects including hydropower in Lao PDR and Sri Lanka, oil and gas flare reduction in PNG, and water purification in Bangladesh.
For more information or to discuss our range of Energy and Carbon services please contact Earth Systems at firstname.lastname@example.org