NGER Compliance Services
Earth Systems has assisted mining companies and process facilities throughout Australia meet their National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) Act 2007 requirements. The NGER Act requires large energy users and greenhouse gas (GHG) emitters to quantitatively report GHG emissions, energy production and energy consumption data from July 1st 2008. For larger entities with complex industrial processes on multiple sites, reporting activities under the Act is not a simple task.
Corporations must apply to register by 31 August following the end of the reporting period in which they first met a threshold (the reporting period is based on financial years). The thresholds for reporting reduce each year, so over time more and more companies will be required to register and report their GHG emissions and energy activity data.
Earth Systems has the necessary expertise to assist organizations to comply with the NGER Act. The services we offer include:
- Evaluating your organization’s corporate structure, energy use and emissions to determine whether reporting thresholds are met and the reporting boundaries.
- Carbon tax liability assessment and compensation auditing services.
- Providing specialist advice on what energy and greenhouse activity data needs to be collected and how to collect it.
- Providing an independent assessment of your activity data to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Specifying, installing and monitoring measurement devices in cases where direct measurements are required.
- Collating activity data and presenting it in the required format for reporting under the Act.
- Identifying the optimum measurement strategy for your site and processes.
For more information or to discuss our range of Energy and Carbon services please contact Earth Systems at firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience and Expertise
Our relevant NGER experience includes:
- Assisting Australian mine sites and processing facilities to identify and compile energy and emissions data to fulfill their NGER Act reporting requirements.
- Conducting voluntary greenhouse emissions audits to WBCSD GHG Protocol and ISO 14064-1 Standard for various operations.
- Conducting site energy audits and preparation of site or process-specific energy management plans.
- Installation and operation of measurement devices including gas analysers, flowmeters and solids sampling equipment.
For more information and the services we offer for the energy and carbon related schemes in Australia and worldwide please visit http://www.esenergy.com.au/compliance.