Small Scale Rural Electrification
Developing countries face unique challenges when it comes to sustainable electricity production in remote areas. Creating a successful long-term renewable energy solution requires considerably more than just a technology “fix”. Earth Systems understands that the specific social and environmental context for a rural electrification project will not only dictate the technology choice but will also determine the key factors influencing the ultimate long-term success of the project. Whether it is micro- or pico-hydro, micro-wind, solar or a bioenergy system, Earth Systems can help match social needs and energy requirements with a suitable, sustainable technology platform.
Our rural electrification services include:
- Renewable energy resource surveys, assessments and mapping;
- Renewable energy feasibility studies;
- Environmental and social impact assessments;
- CDM project development – generating carbon credit incentives for renewable energy projects;
- Carbon accounting services to quantify the full life-cycle project emissions;
- Independent assessment of project economics and technology feasibility; and
- Engineering design expertise in renewables – particularly in biomass to energy systems and processes.
- CDM project development for a 76 MW run-of-river hydro power project in Lao PDR
- Feasibility study for a 1 MWe bioenergy power plant in Victoria, Australia
- Worldwide small-scale biomass gasification technologies survey