Environmental Monitoring and Information Management
Earth Systems also has the capacity to build environmental databases, including geodatabases (i.e. a combination of spatial data and information data allowing environmental monitoring results to be mapped and displayed spatially). We believe that the availability of timely, accurate environmental information is key to effective decision-making.
- Environmental monitoring – baseline, effects, compliance
- Field sampling and analysis
- Automated monitoring / data-logging systems
- Information procurement through research, data collation, manipulation and interpretation
- Extraction and analysis of environmental information from large and complex data-sets
- Spatial analysis, GIS and remote sensing
- Database compilation, design and management
- Transition of environmental data to Internet based viewing platforms
- Training – in house information sessions
- Development of environmental and social monitoring programs for large-scale mines and hydropower projects in Asia Pacific and Africa.
- Capacity building program for Government team responsible for environmental monitoring of a large hydropower project, Lao PDR.
- Installation of groundwater monitoring bores, sample collection, analysis and interpretation.
- Compilation and interpretation of the United Nations Tumen River Strategic Action Program environmental data sets into an Environmental Atlas, CD-ROM and Internet GIS, 2002.