Resettlement and Livelihood Restoration Planning
A Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) provides the necessary strategic framework for the social planning of a project and encompasses resettlement, livelihood restoration and compensation strategies. Earth Systems provides expertise in participatory resettlement and livelihood restoration planning, and stakeholder consultation in the mining, hydropower, and infrastructure development sectors. Earth Systems tailors resettlement and livelihood planning to each project to ensure that social impacts on community assets / land, livelihoods, and health and nutrition are accounted for, and that the appropriate baseline information is collected. Through a participatory approach, we are able to incorporate existing community resources, expertise and strengths into the development planning. This will ensure the best possible outcome for Affected Persons.
- Baseline socio-economic and health surveys
- Land and asset surveys
- Prepare a detailed cost estimate for compensation and resettlement programs
- In consultation with affected communities, identify strategies to improve local conditions and economic opportunities, with particular focus on providing opportunities for people whose land is directly impacted by the Project
- Identify the institutional arrangements and responsibilities for RAP implementation
- Public consultation and disclosure