Water, Energy, Waste Efficiency
Earth Systems recognises an urgent need to manage operations more efficiently to reduce operating costs, meet statutory requirements and protect finite resources. Earth Systems combined expertise in the areas of water, energy and waste efficiency makes us ideally placed to develop creative, fully integrated eco-efficiency solutions.
Resource efficiency services provided include:
- Integrated water, energy and waste audits.
- Provision of technical advice regarding water use, re-use, recycling and water saving technologies.
- Eco-efficiency assessments and audits.
- Cost-benefit analysis of eco-efficiency initiatives.
- Eco-efficiency research and education.
- Efficient energy utilisation.
- Waste characterisation and forecasting.
- Strategic planning and assessments.
- Waste stream analysis and auditing.
Experience and Expertise
Relevant energy, waste and water efficiency experience within the group includes:
- Integrated water, energy and waste audits of office buildings for business clients and property managers.
- Strategic energy studies and audits for government and business customers, including energy efficiency measures, energy savings and renewable energy technologies.
- Feasibility study on renewable energy production in Marysville, as a bushfire-affected town, utilising burnt wood via an ORC (Organic Rankine Cycle) system to produce electricity for the town.
- Providing energy auditing services in the health care sector, in which an aged care centre is able to reduce the energy consumption by up to 15% through implementation of energy efficiency improvements based on the audit.
- Finding an innovative solution for the management of willow and other woody weed waste issues for a local government body through the design of a portable pyrolyser to create biochar from willow wood (note: biochar is a form of carbon sequestration).
- Assessment, update and revision of a large international group’s worldwide Environmental Code of Practice and Guidelines including their water use and recycling operations.