Groundwater Assessment and Protection
Protecting groundwater resources from contamination, and identifying and implementing remediation strategies for polluted aquifers is a foundation of good environmental management. Earth Systems provides specialist expertise in the assessment and management of groundwater-related issues — from identifying and preventing potential groundwater contamination, through to providing real-world solutions for aquifer clean-up.
The service provided by the Earth Systems groundwater team include:
- Hydrogeology and groundwater flow analysis of aquifer systems
- Groundwater resource assessment, protection and management
- Stratigraphic analysis
- Design and coordination of groundwater exploration programs including piezometer and bore construction for hydrogeological and groundwater quality assessement
- Benchmark and environmental baseline groundwater characterisation assessments
- Groundwater management strategies to meet environmental guidelines
- Risk assessment and development of risk management strategies for the prevention and management of off-site migration of contaminated groundwater
- Design, implementation and management of comprehensive groundwater remediation and rehabilitation strategies for contaminated groundwater
- Detailed, site-specific groundwater monitoring and/or groundwater sampling programs to meet regulatory environmental requirements
- Project management and coordination of multi-disciplinary hydrogeological investigations
- Conceptual and numerical hydrogeological modelling
- Groundwater contaminant dispersion modelling
Some of the projects Earth Systems personnel have recently been involved in include:
- Project management, data collection and design of water quality assessments for salinity programs in a variety of environments.Projects include areas of the Murray Basin and Lower Murray Lakes in southeastern Australia.
- Characterising groundwater contamination and acid-rock drainage issues on coal and metalliferous mine sites. Current projects in Australia identify hydro-geochemical processes and potential contamination pathways in complex geological systems.
- Assessment of groundwater contamination in tailing-rich riverbank deposits downstream of a metalliferous mine in Tasmania, Australia.
- Assessment of potential groundwater contamination at mining sites throughout Australia and internationally.
- Design of a geochemical investigation program for a contaminated site in Sydney, Australia. Evaluation of the geochemical data permitted the development of a series of potential groundwater remediation strategies.
- Training of site personnel in groundwater well-installation, monitoring and sampling methods.
- Pre-development baseline groundwater investigations for numerous mining operations in Australia and Africa.
For more information or to discuss our range of environmental Management and Assessment services please contact Earth Systems at email@example.com