The Neutra-Mill rapidTREAT Systems are portable, skid mounted units sized to permit mounting on a flat-bed truck. This provides flexibility for difficult to access sites, and permits the system to be used at either a single or multiple sites.
Independently powered by an energy efficient diesel motor the system comprises a 7000 litre reagent mixing and storage tank and a range of dispensing options. The mixing and storage tank contains an internal axial mixer ensuring efficient dissolution and mixing of reagents to produce the required solution / slurry.
The rapidTREAT systems internal mixer design is suitable for mixing and dosing a wide range of dry powdered and liquid reagents making these systems ideal for a range of water treatment tasks including:
- pH correction
- Acid neutralisation (Acid Mine Drainage, Acid Sulfate Soils)
- Turbidity reduction
- Nutrient pollution / Algal control
- Cyanide destruction
- Lowering Total Dissolved Salts (TDS)
- Toxic metal removal
As well as conducting routine treatment the rapidTREAT’s portability and ease of use means it can be used for remediation, supplemental or rapid emergency response treatment resulting from plant failure or extreme climatic events.
Additional supplimental uses for the rapidTREAT system include hydroseeding, as part of site rehabilitation / revegitation, and fire fighting as a back-up to conventional apparatus.
Mode of Operation
The skid-mounted rapidTREAT systems can either be mounted on a flat bed truck for portability or placed on the ground at a suitable location.
Operation of the system is carried out by partially filling the slurry mixing tank with water and activating the internal mixer. Dry powdered reagent is then added to the tank via 25 kg or 1 tonne bulk bags. Treatment requirements will dictate the required reagent addition rates and slurry concentration. Depending on the reagent up to 7000 litres of slurry or solution can be mixed and stored within the system ready for dosing. General lifting equipment is suitable for assisting with the loading of reagents (eg. forklift, backhoe, excavator, crane truck).
As an example, for acid control, up to 2 tonnes of hydrated lime powder can be added to the 7000 litre mixing tank to produce a slurry of 20-30 wt. % solids.
Reagent mixtures often need to be periodically or semi-continuously agitated to prevent setting of solids. The reagent mixture can be distributed by gravity feed or with a pump-based dispersion system which includes a spray cannon with a range of up to 70m for rapid discharge (eg. emergency response applications). Dosing rates will be dependent on the specific water quality application being addressed.
For rapid dosing at the rate of one tank (7000 L) loaded and distributed per hour, up to 16 tonnes of reagent can be dispensed per 8 hour day.
- Portable (truck-mounted) or fixed
- Rapid deployment
- Simple operation
- Self-contained diesel powered pump and mixer
- Mobile or fixed operation
- Suitable for remote and abandoned sites (no additional power requirements)
- No additional piping or pumping infrastructure required
- Flexible dispensing options
- Suitable for a wide range of powdered reagents
- Suitable for correcting multiple water quality issues at a single or multiple sites
- High reagent throughput for a small portable treatment systems (< 16 tonne / 8 hr day)
- 7000 Litre mixing tank
- Optional automated dosing and monitoring systems
- Low operational and maintenance costs
- Additional uses hydro seeding & emergency fire fighting
Contact Earth Systems for further details email@example.com